Camp CoordinatorApril 30, 2022 2022-06-21 11:36
Reference ID: 1740204
Publish date:17 August, 2021
Our team is actively seeking an enthusisast Camps Coordinator to supervise, coordinate and administer comprehensive camp programs in Summer 2022.
At Genius Camp, we engage children in real-life challenges and encourage them to put theory into practice in a fun way, using science, technology, engineering, and math.
We expand the children’s perspectives by awakening their problem-solving skills and inspiring them to think outside the box.
Our Summer camp 2022 locations are:
- Ryerson University: Toronto
- Tyndale University: North York
- Sheridan College: Mississauga
- Mount Saint Vincent University: Halifax
- University of British Colombia: Vancouver
Duties and Responsibilities
- Development, implementation and supervision of a tech-entrepreneurship camp in cooperation with the Program Supervisor that supports the objectives, philosophies and standards;
- Preparation of program outlines, daily activities and special events, program supplies and additional programming requirements for camp staff;
- Visit our camps daily; provide direction and ongoing coaching to enhance front line staff artistic program knowledge, teaching techniques and program planning skills;
- Actively train and supervise front line staff, ensuring safety standards and established procedures are being followed;
- Provide on-going support, direction and assistance to Senior Summer staff to enhance program knowledge and leadership skills;
- Prepare and Administer mid-term and final evaluations (Senior Staff, Leader positions);
- Immediately and effectively respond to program and staff concerns;
- Maintain a flexible working schedule to ensure supervision and continuity of program;
- Accurately prepare and maintain required administrative records;
- Assist the management in the development and facilitation of training week for camp staff;
- Plan and facilitate on-site summer staff meetings / special events;
- Hire, train and schedule volunteers;
- Coordinate equipment & craft supply orders and complete inventory;
- Effectively provide quality customer service and act as a knowledgeable resource to customers, staff and volunteers;
- Effectively and in a timely manner communicate with Program Supervisor with regards to all aspects related to facilities, staffing, participants, equipment, supplies or anything that would impact the quality and safe delivery of day-to-day operations;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Post-Secondary Education and training in any of the following areas: Teaching or any Education disciplines
- Secondary School Graduation Diploma
- Two years experience of supervising part-time staff in an Summer camp setting and at minimum 3 years of experience teaching and leading children and teens in a camp setting.
- Current Emergency First Aid & CPR B certification from a Workplace Safety Insurance Board (WSIB) approved provider. Certification must remain current for the full extent of the employment period.
- A Level 3 – Vulnerable Sector Check will be required of the successful candidate, as a condition of employment, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted prior to start of contract.
- HIGH FIVE ® Principles of Healthy Child Development and QUEST 2 certification.
- Light lifting of supplies required
Hourly Rate/Salary: 18.5- 23.50
Hours of Work: up to 44 hours per week
Please apply online in our website at https://geniuscampinc.com/Camp-coordinator/
COVID-19 Update: As per the City’s Employee and Volunteer COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, all external candidates (including previously employed individuals) must show their Fully Vaccinated Confirmation or apply for and receive confirmation of a creed or medical exemption from the City before their first day.
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can also check your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Genius Camp will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.