Education policy and program officerJune 17, 2022 2022-06-21 13:20
Education policy and program officer
Reference ID: 1923532NS
Publish date:01 June, 2022
Genius Camp is currently hiring Education policy and program officers. Genius Camp is a collective endeavor of experienced engineers with the vision to bring a wholesome and holistic educational experience for kids and teenagers across the country.
At Genius Camp, we engage children in real-life tasks and encourage them to put theory into practice in a fun way, using Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM). Our camps deliver personalized attention with a low student-to-teacher ratio and a continuous learning experience with a range of take-home objects and articles. We promise confidence building through quality teaching to every student enrolled in our camps.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Taking care of all Education policy and program officers including but not limited to NOC 4166 in an educational company
- Conduct research, produce reports and administer education policies and programs in accordance with Nova Scotia Education Guidance
- Evaluate curriculum programs and recommend improvements in all STEM programs
- Develop the structure, content, and objectives of Genius Camp Metaverse program
- Conduct statistical analyses to determine cost and effectiveness of education policies and programs
- Provide ongoing professional development, training and consultative services to teachers and other professionals throughout the public and private sector
- Develop and update current STEM courses, STEM programs according to industry improvement, technology changes and market demand
- Oversee and co-ordinate office administrative procedures and review, evaluate and implement new procedures
- Establish work priorities, delegate work to office support staff, and ensure deadlines are met and procedures are followed
- Develop teaching materials and other resources for program delivery
- Deliver presentations at conferences, workshops and symposia
- May supervise the work of other education policy researchers, consultants or program officers
- Administer our SAT test and Genius Camp’s IQ test
- Other duties as assigned.
- A master’s degree in education is required
- Specialized training or certification in STEM
- Completely familiar with SAT exam
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a similar position is a must
- Strong sales skills in education industry
- Completely familiar with STEM Curriculum development process specifically in Metaverse and Virtual reality
- Strong communication skills in all forms including written and oral
- Exceptional computer skills – experience in Microsoft Office applications, Outlook and Gmail, and database experience.
- Reliable and interactive
- Bilingual (English/Farsi & Arabic) verbal and written communication skills are an asset.
- Experience in an academic setting is an asset.
- Comfortable communicating with parents and students as and when required.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and multi-tasking skills.
- Attention to details and great flexibility.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with many deadlines.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,500.00 per year
Location: Bedford, Nova Scotia