This level teaches the fundamentals and design principles of coding in general, with the help of the Scratch online program. This includes variables, conditional statements, loop basics, and functions. These concepts are transferable to any other programming language. Throughout the course, students will create projects to apply the concepts they have learned and solidify their knowledge.
- Chapter 1: Introduction to Scratch – Getting to know the coding platform
- Chapter 2: Advanced Motion, Sound and Looks – Dance Off!
- Chapter 3: All about Event Blocks – Goal
- Chapter 4: Patterns and Loops – Play a Song
- Chapter 5: Conditionals and Checks – Catch the Apple Game
1. Child: 6-9, 2. Young Teens: 10-13, 3. Teens: 14-17
Friday, Monday, Saturday, Sunday, Thursday, Tuesday, Wednesday
Fall, Spring, Winter