STEM TeacherApril 30, 2022 2022-04-30 19:22
Reference ID: 1740204
Publish date:17 August, 2021
We are looking to hire STEM teachers to join our team in multiple location.
At Genius Camp, we engage children in real-life challenges and encourage them to put theory into practice in a fun way, using science, technology, engineering, and math.
We expand the children’s perspectives by awakening their problem-solving skills and inspiring them to think outside the box.
Our Summer camp 2022 locations are:
- Ryerson University: Toronto
- Tyndale University: North York
- Sheridan College: Mississauga
- Mount Saint Vincent University: Halifax
- University of British Colombia: Vancouver
Responsibilities and Duties:
Our ideal candidate has a confident personality, is an enthusiast of technology, and is passionate to teach kids. All candidates must participate in our STEM training and get the certification.
- A bachelor’s degree (or working towards) in any STEM field is mandatory
- Having at least 1 year of previous STEM teaching experience in Canada is mandatory
- Prior experience in Summer Camp as a teacher is a great asset
- Enthusiast and passionate about STEM topics
- Reliable, personable, flexible, and energetic
- Comfortable in managing groups up to 20 students
- Can facilitate group-based learning
- Comfortable communicating with parents
- Be able to get the Genius Camp STEM certification
- Must pass background check as a condition of employment
- Must have or able to get first aid / CPR certificate
Summer camp Duration: 8 weeks
Hours of Work: up to 44 hours per week
Deadline for Applications: Friday May 13, 2022
Genius camp STEM training Start Date: Monday May 23, 2022
Salary: $19.00-$31.50 per hour based on your expertise and competency.
Please apply online in our website at https://geniuscampinc.com/STEM-teacher/
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
COVID-19 Update: As per the City’s Employee and Volunteer COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, all external candidates (including previously employed individuals) must show their Fully Vaccinated Confirmation or apply for and receive confirmation of a creed or medical exemption from the City before their first day.
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can also check your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Genius Camp will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.