Terms of ServiceJanuary 15, 2020 2022-10-18 5:56
Terms of Service
Regulations, Terms and Conditions
CODE OF CONDUCT
I agree that I have read through, understand, and agree that I and my student will be held to the Code of Conduct set forth below. I also agree that I have reviewed the Code of Conduct with my student. I understand that I and my student must act in a way that is in keeping with the Code of Conduct and that my student can be dismissed from a program if either of our actions or attitudes seem to be harmful to the atmosphere, other participants, or staff, in the opinion of Genius Camp staff. I and my student understand that Genius Camp reserves the right to dismiss my student from the program without any prior warning for violating any of the terms of the Code of Conduct. Refunds will not be given for students dismissed for failure of the student or the parent(s) to abide by the Code of Conduct. I also acknowledge that upon staff observation of my student at the Genius Camp program, the Director may determine that the program is not a suitable and/or productive environment for my student. In this case, Genius Camp may dismiss the student and no refund will be issued. This includes incidents where a student does not have sufficient English language skills to participate in the course, as all Genius Camp courses are taught in English and therefore participation in courses requires a high level of English understanding. While Genius Camp strives to maintain excellent relationships with students, in some rare cases, Genius Camp may not be a compatible environment for every student.
Students And Parents/Guardians May NEVER:
- engage in or threaten violence;
- bully, intimidate, or harass others;
- damage facilities, classrooms, or equipment;
- sexually harass others;
- smoke, or use tobacco or vape products at Genius Camp locations; and
- use, possess or be under the influence of alcohol, marijuana, illegal or unprescribed legal drug (If a student is caught using, possessing, or being under the influence of illegal drugs, the student will be immediately dismissed and permanently banned from all Genius Camp facilities and may be criminally prosecuted. If a student is suspected of possession of alcohol, marijuana, or any illegal or banned substances or drug paraphernalia, the student may be subject to search and seizure).
Students Also May NEVER:
- view pornography or any inappropriate material (including sexual content, inappropriate violence, racism, bullying, etc.) on the internet;
- steal the property of others (if a student is suspected of possession of property which is not their own, the student may be subject to search and seizure);
- inappropriately use equipment;
- engage in internet hacking;
- use or possess weapons (If possession of weapons is suspected, student will be subject to search and seizure. If a student is found in possession of a weapon, they will be immediately dismissed and permanently banned from all Genius Camp facilities, and where required, will be reported to local authorities);
- bring pets or animals to any Genius Camp location (service dogs may be permitted);
- bring drones, hoverboards, rollerblades, or shoes with wheels;
- sign up on third-party websites without the permission of their instructor;
- use false information to sign up on third-party websites; and
- leave Camp without checking out with and obtaining permission from an instructor or other appropriate Camp personnel.
Students And Parents/Guardians MUST:
- abide by the rules and regulations of each location;
- respect facilities and property (should intentional damage to facilities or property be found to be inflicted by a student, the student, and their parents will be responsible for fines and damages, and Genius Camp will, where required, report to local authorities); and
- not hold Genius Camp responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged personal items
Students Also MUST:
- be responsible for all keys issued to them;
- not use personal electronic devices during instructional time — unless they are approved by the instructor. Also, if a student accesses the internet via a local Wi-Fi hotspot at the program location [i.e., university Campus] it is the sole responsibility of the student and student’s parent/guardian to comply with all providers’ terms & conditions, and assume all financial risk. Genius Camp does not facilitate internet access for non-Genius Camp devices).
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- I understand that physical and recreational activities contain inherent risk of injuries.
- I certify that my student is in good health and able to participate in Genius Camp programs, and that if for any reason my child should be restricted from participating in any activity, that I have provided Genius Camp notification of such restrictions through the health forms associated with my student’s account.
- I authorize Genius Camp Staff to attend to any health issues or injuries my student may incur while participating in a Genius Camp program. This includes providing basic first aid, administering authorized medications, and seeking emergency medical care for my student should they deem it necessary.
- I agree to be financially responsible for any medical treatment needed during the duration of the program. I understand that I am responsible for providing the sole insurance coverage for any medical treatment my student receives, and agree to release any and all records necessary for my child to receive medical treatment.
- I understand that I must accurately complete all forms required by Genius Camp and any location provider where required (including, but not limited to, the health form) within the timeframes set forth by Genius Camp. I understand that as a condition of enrollment, I, as my student’s parent/guardian, will need to fill out the Required Forms up to 10 business days prior to the start of the course, of the year in which my student is registered to attend a Genius Camp program. If I do not complete the Required Forms at least 10 business days prior to the start of my student’s course, my student’s registration in the course maybe withdrawn and no refund will be issued.
- If my student needs to bring any medications to Camp, I agree to fill out the necessary medication forms more than a week prior to the start date of my student’s program and to bring the medication to Camp the first day. I agree to bring all medications in original containers that identify in English the prescribing physician (if a prescribed medication), the name of the medication, the dosage, any side effects, and the frequency of administration. The information dosage and frequency of administration on the bottle must match the information provided on the medication form. You agree that all medications, except inhalers and diabetic testing kits, will be given to and administered by Genius Camp staff. If your student will be bringing an EpiPen, you will need to bring two non-expired EpiPens the first day of their program. One will be held by staff. The other will be held by the student. Your student will be required to self-administer all injectable medications (except EpiPens when used during an emergency) under the observation of staff. At the end of your student’s program, you are responsible for retrieving all medications from Genius Camp staff.
- I understand that Genius Camp staff cannot give my student over-the-counter medication without written permission. Some provinces may also require that a physician’s approval be provided for over-the-counter medications. You will be notified in your Required Forms if you are attending one of those provinces.
- I agree that if my student’s medication is left at Camp after my student’s Camp session has ended, that Genius Camp has the right to dispose of any medication left and shall not be responsible for any damages or liabilities related in any way to such medication, including, but not limited to, replacement cost of the medication and any damages resulting from participant’s failure to administer such medication. NOTE: Genius Camp cannot mail medications, as it is against Federal Law to send medication through any mail service.
- I understand that Genius Camp suggests that students be current on all vaccinations according to the age-appropriate recommended immunization schedules published by the Canadian Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and that some locations require students to provide up-to- date vaccination information or acceptable waiver. I further understand that if up-to-date vaccination information is required at the location where my student is registered, and I do not provide up-to-date vaccination information that my student’s registration may be cancelled without a refund. I agree to obtain or provide proof that my student has already had any and all vaccinations required by the location in which my student is attending. I may provide a signed religious or medical vaccination exemption in lieu of obtaining the required vaccinations.
- I understand that the Emergency Contact I provide must be at least 18 years of age and is ideally located within 4 hours travel by automobile of the location where the student is attending Camp, during the time the student is attending Camp. At a minimum, Emergency Contact must be available by phone while the student is attending Camp.
- I UNDERSTAND THAT FOR MY STUDENT’S SAFETY, I MUST PROVIDE GENIUS CAMP WITH ACCURATE AND COMPLETE HEALTH, BEHAVIOR AND DIETARY ISSUES/RESTRICTIONS. I MUST ALSO COMPLETE ALL FORMS AND KEEP THEM UPDATED UP UNTIL THE STUDENT’S ARRIVAL AT CAMP. FAILURE TO PROVIDE REQUIRED INFORMATION CAN RESULT IN CANCELLATION OF MY STUDENT’S REGISTRATION WITHOUT A REFUND.
- If your student requires any special accommodations in order to participate in Genius Camp activities, you must call Genius Camp at 1-800-846-3608 no less than three weeks prior to your student’s first day of Camp. Genius Camp will work with you to identify available reasonable accommodations. If your student requires an aide at school then he/she will need to be accompanied by an aide at the Genius Camp program, and that aide will need to be present for the duration of the session. The aide must be age 18 or older, may not be a family member, and must achieve a favorable result on a criminal background check. They may also be subject to fingerprinting. You will be responsible for all direct costs, including background check processing fees and compensation, for the aide’s attendance.
- I agree that if I register more than 5 participants, or am registering students on behalf of a company, agency, school, or other organization during any one Camp season, I am considered a Group, and at Genius Camp’s sole discretion, may be required to register as an Agent and be bound by an Agent Agreement. If I fail to respond to a request to register as an Agent, I understand and agree that the reservations I made will be canceled as if I canceled them and will be subject to the cancellation policies set out in Section 11. I understand that I can call 1-800-846-3608 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if I have any questions or would like a copy of the Agent Agreement.
- Field Trips: I give Genius Camp staff member’s permission to take my son/daughter/ward to places of relevant interest, guided Campus tours, and facilities within walking distance of Camp, both on and off Campus. Public and/or private transportation will be utilized.
- Photos: As a condition of participation, I authorize that photos, videos, images, audio and testimonials may be taken of me and my student and agree that said content may be used by Genius Camp in promotional materials, marketing collateral, and online media. These images, testimonials, photos, videos, and audio may be shared and used by corporate partners, the media, or other organizations who work with Genius Camp. I understand that Genius Camp, its owners, agents, partners, facility providers, and employees will not be held liable for damages and injuries associated with said publishing, including any and all claims based on negligence. I agree that all images, testimonials, photos, video, and audio taken at or in connection with Genius Camp are the sole and exclusive property of Genius Camp.
- Press Visits: As a condition of participation, I authorize Genius Camp and the press to use my student’s name in print, radio, TV, and other mediums. (Often when press arrives at Camp, Genius Camp may not have the opportunity to contact all families for permission before the press arrives. Therefore, we have created a blanket policy. We thank you for understanding.)
- Projects/Take-Homes: I understand that depending on the course my student takes, Genius Camp will attempt to send my student home with a working game or project, or post my student’s project to a project website, or send home a product or voucher for a product. However, I understand that there will be instances when a project or product or product voucher cannot be sent home, posted, or delivered and that Genius Camp is not responsible if the game, project, product, or voucher does not work properly, or are not compatible with systems outside of Camp. Therefore, I release Genius Camp from any responsibility for failure to provide a copy of the project or product voucher, or non-functioning/non-compatible/non-complete games, projects, product vouchers, or product. Genius Camp staff will attempt to provide each participant with their completed project at the conclusion of each session and provide products or product vouchers (if applicable) at the end or any other time during the session. Refunds will not be issued for not receiving products, product vouchers, or being provided a copy of the project, and/or non- functioning/non-compatible/non-complete projects, product vouchers, or products. I also agree that all projects and work created while at Genius Camp may be used by Genius Camp in promotional materials, online, and other print media and may be shared and used by corporate partners, the media, or other organizations who work with Genius Camp. I agree that Genius Camp, its owners, agents, partners, facility providers, and employees cannot be held liable for damages and injuries associated with said publishing, including any and all claims based on negligence. I understand that if I have issues with a product voucher or product, I must contact the manufacturer directly. I also understand that product vouchers only cover shipping within Canada and that if I require the product to be shipped outside Canada, I am responsible for all shipping, handling, airline baggage fees and customs costs. Note: to help you avoid shipping costs, your international student may be given their take home items at the conclusion of Camp. Therefore, your international student should be prepared to carry their take homes with them at the conclusion of Camp.
- Movies: I understand that movies played at or attended by any of the programs run by Genius Camp are rated PG and PG-13 and selected at the sole discretion of Genius Camp.
- Software Accounts: I understand that some Genius Camp programs require creation or use of an online account during instructional time, or will require an online account to be created for access to games and networked gameplay. I give consent for Genius Camp to create account(s) as needed for my student to participate in Genius Camp program activities. I understand that during non-instructional time, my student may have access to websites that require accounts to be set up. While it is against Genius Camp rules for students to set up accounts without their instructor’s permission, there may be instances where a student may create an account without the knowledge of Genius Camp or its employees. I hereby release Genius Camp and its employees from any and all responsibility and liability for accounts created by my student without Genius Camp’s knowledge.
- Game Ratings: I understand that while Genius Camp takes its corporate responsibility and Genius Camp family values very seriously, it cannot guarantee that younger students at Genius Camp will avoid complete contact with the games rated “T” for Teen or “M” for Mature. Genius Camp will make a concerted effort to minimize exposure to any games not appropriate for these age groups. I also understand that if a student is attending a course designed for ages older than my student, some of the game titles my student may be exposed to may be rated for over my student’s age, and that if my student is attending a course for ages 13+, they may be exposed to games rated “M” for Mature by the ESRB (Entertainment Software Rating Board). In exchange for my student’s participation in Genius Camp programs, I voluntarily assume any and all risks, known or unknown, associated with my student’s access to “M”-rated game content at an Genius Camp program.
- Inappropriate Web Content: I understand that Genius Camp makes every reasonable effort to prevent participants from being exposed to inappropriate web content. As a safeguard, Genius Camp will attempt to either install an internet filtering software on Genius Camp computers, or use an outside filtering vendor. I agree that no method is 100% perfect, and that my student may inadvertently access some inappropriate content even though Genius Camp takes reasonable precautions to guard against inappropriate material being viewed. I understand that if inappropriate content is viewed, Genius Camp staff will follow standard protocol and agree that if my student is found in violation of the Code of Conduct set out above, my student may be removed from a program without receiving a refund.
- Self Sign-Out Policy for students 13 years of age or older: I agree that if my student is 13 years or older by December 31st of the year in which they are registered for a course, then he/she can sign himself/herself out with staff between 5 and 5:30 PM Monday through Thursday, unless attending an overnight program, and between 3 and 4 PM on Friday, unless attending a weekend program. Once my student signs themselves out, they will no longer be in the care of Genius Camp. If my student needs to be checked out at times other than those listed herein, then I must contact the Camp Director to make arrangements.
- Self Sign-Out Policy for students under 13 years of age: I agree that if my student does not turn 13 by December 31st of the year in which they are registered for a course, he/she must be signed out of their Genius Camp program by an authorized pick-up person. I understand and agree that only those knowing the code word—or those named as additional authorized pick- up persons (and who show a valid picture ID, Driver License, or passport)— will be able to pick up my student. If I choose to allow my student who is not yet 13 years old to self sign-out, I understand that the terms of paragraph 1 of this Section 5 will apply regardless of my student’s age.
I agree that Genius Camp has the right to cancel a course. If a course is cancelled, I understand that I may enroll my student in another course. I agree to be responsible for any costs for the new program that are above the amount paid for the original course. If another course is not available in the local vicinity for the same dates, a refund will be issued for all monies paid to Genius Camp for the cancelled course. I understand and agree that if Genius Camp is forced to close a course based on a recommendation by the local Health Services Department (in the case of a communicable disease outbreak, etc.) or due to other acts of nature, I will not be entitled to a refund.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY
On behalf of my son/daughter/ward, i, the parent/guardian, in exchange for the right of my son/daughter/ward to participate in genius camp program(s), hereby release genius camp, its owners, agents, partners, facility providers, and employees from liability (including claims based upon negligence) for any and all damages or injuries to my son/daughter/ward or damage of any personal property. I agree to be fully responsible for any and all such damages or injuries which may result directly or indirectly from any negligent acts or activities associated with internal drive, inc. However, i understand that i am not releasing genius camp, its owners, agents, partners, facility providers, and employees from gross negligence, reckless conduct, or intentionally tortious conduct. To the extent this release conflicts with provincial law governing releases, this release is to be given the fullest force and effect permitted under provincial law. Should any part of this contract be found invalid or not enforceable by a court of law, then the remaining portion shall continue to be valid and in force.
I agree to defend, indemnify, and hold Genius Camp, its officers, directors, employees, and agents, harmless from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses, and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with my student’s participation in an Genius Camp program.
I agree that any dispute arising out of or relating to this Agreement, my student’s participation at Genius Camp, or otherwise arising between the parties, including, without limitation, any students statutorily created or protected rights, as permitted by applicable state/provincial or federal laws, may be settled by arbitration in the state/province and county in which the Camp is held, in accordance with the Commercial Rules of the Canadian Arbitration Association, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. The prevailing party in the arbitration shall be entitled to recover expenses including costs and reasonable attorney’s fees associated therewith. Should any part of this contract be found invalid or not enforceable by a court of law, then the remaining portion shall continue to be valid and in force. I hereby acknowledge that I understand the terms of this ARBITRATION AGREEMENT, and agree to comply with all of its terms and provisions.
- Canadian Dollars: I agree that all financial transactions are made and quoted in Canadian Dollars.
- Non-Refundable Fees: Camps may be cancelled without penalty up to two (2) weeks until the first day of camp. Orders cancelled within two weeks of camp will not be reimbursed.
- Late Fees: If I do not pay the total cost of my student’s program(s) at the time of registration, or through a payment plan, I understand and agree that I must pay the total amount due on or before two weeks prior to the start date of the course. If my full balance is not paid within 2 weeks of my student’s course start date, I agree that my student’s registration will be cancelled without a refund. I also understand and agree that if any balance remains outstanding 30 days after the last day of the last session my child attends Camp in any given year, Genius Camp has the right to charge a 1% monthly finance charge on such balance and send such balance to a collection agency for collection (collection fees may apply).
- Returned Check/Dishonored Transaction Fees: A $25 returned check fee will be assessed for any checks returned or card transactions that are not honored.
- Tuition: Tuition includes all province and federal taxes, adult supervision, instruction, curriculum materials, Camp T-shirt, and recreational activities.
CHANGES, CANCELLATIONS, AND REFUNDS
- Changes Made More Than 14 Days Prior to Session Start Date: I understand and agree that I am, without penalty, able to make changes to my student’s registration including, but not limited to, location, date, weekends, or course, so long as the changes are made more than 2weeks (14 days) prior to the start date of the originally scheduled course for which my student was registered.
- Changes Made Less Than 14 Days Prior to Session Start Date: I understand and agree that if I change my student’s session date less than 2 weeks (14 days) prior to the start date of the course for which my student is registered, course fees will not be reimbursed. I also understand that if I make any changes, including session date, within 2 weeks (14 days) prior to the start date of the course for which my student is registered, I am responsible to pay any increase in charges based on the change. There is no refund for changes that result in a lower total fee, and the change fee (if applicable) still applies. I must make all changes through an email to email@example.com (please note your “Change” in the subject line). NOTE: If a medical emergency occurs less than 2 weeks (14 days) prior to the start of the course in which your student is registered, preventing your student from attending the course, please 1-800-846-3608 and we will work with you to try to get your student registered in another course.
- Cancellation: I understand and agree that I must make my changes and cancellations through an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (please note “Cancellation” in the subject line). If I cancel my student’s registration more than 2 weeks (14 days) prior to the start date of the course for which my student is registered, I will receive a refund as set out in Paragraph 4 below. If my student cannot attend a session for which they are registered and I do not notify Genius Camp more than 2 weeks (14 days) prior to the course session date, it will be considered a withdrawal/no show and I will be responsible for full payment of all fees associated with my student’s registration for that course.
- Refunds: If I cancel my student’s registration through email as set forth above, more than 2 weeks prior to the start date of the session I am cancelling, I understand and agree that the amount I paid for the cancelled registration, less the non-refundable fees as set out in Section 6, will be refunded to me. I agree that refunds will NOT be issued for withdrawals/no shows or cancellations made less than 2 weeks (14 days) prior to the start date of the session cancelled or changed, and improperly made cancellations. I also understand and agree that refunds will NOT be issued for early withdrawal or dismissal due to absences (for any reason) including sickness, behavioral dismissals, power failures, weather, and unforeseeable events not within the control of Genius Camp (including, but not limited to, the inability of student to obtain travel documents) or other acts of nature. If students leave a program early for any reason, the tuition is not prorated and no refund will be issued, including partial refunds. If Genius Camp must cancel a session and cannot find a suitable alternative at an adjacent location, a full refund will be made to the client.
I understand that if I use a promotional discount when registering my student, that I am limited to one discount per student, and that depending on when I am registering, I may be required to pay the full balance at the time of registration to receive the published discount amount. I also agree that all applicable cancellation/refund policies apply, and that all promotional codes must be submitted at the time of registration. I understand that Genius Camp will not honor retroactive adjustments and that the total discounts received cannot exceed the total cost of the products purchased.
If I choose to participate in the Refer-a-Friend program, I do so voluntarily and understand and agree to the following:
- My referral code expires on September 1st of the current Camp season and can only be used 10 times.
- For each new customer that registers for one or more Genius Camp program/course using my referral code and the student attends at least one of the courses for which they registered, I will receive a $50 Genius Camp course tuition credit which I must use that same season. My friend will also save $50 off their course tuition (regardless of the number of courses they register for). The referred customer must be a new customer, meaning that they cannot have any students that previously attend a Genius Camp program.
- Referral codes must be used at time of registration and payment and cannot be retroactively applied.
- Referral codes can only be used once per client. I understand that Genius Camp will credit the referral based off of the referral code that the new client enters at the time of registration.
- The Refer-a-Friend program does not apply to any registered in the same account.
- The tuition credit will be applied within 4–6 weeks from the time the referred client registers and pays in full, or sooner. If the referred friend cancels all of his/her sessions, the credit will be removed from My Account and I will be responsible for any account balance that is created as a result of the lost credit.
- All tuition credits must be used in the season in which they are earned; can be used for course tuition including meals, CEUs, and other course fees; and will not entitle me to any form of payment. If I cancel or change the registration of a course in which I used a Refer-a-Friend course tuition credit, I am subject to the terms and conditions set out in Section 6 above, and will only receive a refund of amounts paid directly by me. I will not receive a refund of tuition credit amounts.
- Referral codes may not be placed on coupon sharing sites.
All certificates/vouchers are non-refundable, non-transferable, and not redeemable for cash. Certificates/vouchers must be redeemed at the time of registration. Location and date is based on availability at the time of registration. Certificates/vouchers are valid until the specified expiration date, without exception. They are valid for up to the amount issued, and any amounts not used are forfeited.
- Sheridan College
- University of Toronto
- Ryerson University
- York University
- McMaster University
- Carleton University
- Tyndale University
- Dalhousie University
- University of Calgary
- University of Guelph
SPRING BREAK CAMP TERMS & CONDITIONS
- To reserve space for Genius Camp Spring Break Camp, all tuition and fees for each participant are due in full at the time of registration. Partial payments are not accepted.
- I understand that after registering, I will receive a confirmation that includes information necessary for me to access My Account and my Required Forms. I understand that I must accurately complete all forms required by Genius Camp and any state or location provider where required (including, but not limited to, the Health Form) within the timeframes set forth by Genius Camp. I understand that as a condition of enrollment, I, as my student’s parent/guardian, will need to log in to My Account to fill out the Required Forms before April 1st of the year in which my student is attending Genius Camp Spring Break Camp. If I register my student after April 1st, the Required Forms will need to be filled out within 72 hours of registration. I understand that if I do not accurately complete all forms by April 1st of the year in which my student will be attending a Genius Camp Spring Break Camp, that I will be charged a thirty-five dollar ($35) processing fee. If I do not complete the Required Forms at least one week (7 days) prior to the start of my student’s course, my student’s registration in the course will be withdrawn and no refund will be issued.
- I understand that I may change registration to another Genius Camp program until 2 weeks (14 days) before the Genius Camp Spring Break Camp session start date, without penalty. If a change is made, the tuition paid for Genius Camp Spring Break Camp will be applied to the new program occurring in the same calendar year. I agree to be responsible for any additional tuition fees incurred due to the change.
- I understand that refunds will NOT be issued for early withdrawal or dismissal due to absences (for any reason including sickness), behavioral dismissals, power failures, weather, and unforeseeable events not within the control of Genius Camp, or other acts of nature. If my student leaves early for ANY reason, the tuition will NOT be prorated and no refund will be issued or transferred.
Genius Camp reserves the right to update or modify these Terms & Conditions at any time. Genius Camp is not a university-sponsored event. Activities, guest speakers, and tech tours will change session to session and may not apply to all locations. We reserve the right to cancel a course if participation numbers are not adequate. In the case where a suitable Genius Camp replacement week is not found, a full refund will be issued. On rare occasions, the software and hardware we use at our programs may change without notice, and we will strive to find suitable software and hardware alternatives.
I understand that Genius Camp partners with and uses the intellectual property of some third-party companies. I agree to uphold the copyright and trademark rights of Genius Camp and their partners.